7.22.2009

inspiration pleeeaaase

loves! what a terrible shit i've been. a dear friend of mine came in to visit me this past weekend, and amidst all the drinking and camaraderie, it's taken me quite a few days to get back into the groove of things. i hate neglecting blogging...oftentimes this "new post" template is the sanest part of my day. my head is awash with so many things...starting school in a month and a half (books...classes...a upass...what?), my parents are getting married in 3 weeks (to each other...it's a crazy life, folks), and one of my roommates and i are taking a vacay to colorado on tuesday to visit one of my very besties in the whole world, jack, who's been living there all summer doing theatre, like the badass actor he is. we're staying in a complex of cabins named after outdoorsy animals...ours is the "trout" cabin. please check it out...it's going to be so fabulous, as we cook and drink and look out for moose and see good theatre for a week. i'm pretty sure this will be miranda, jack and i every night:


caaaaaaan't wait!

also, as my lovely blogger friends, i'd like to take advantage of the fact that you're all cultured creatives. my lovely, bright, shining mother, has not requested, but informed me that i will be singing a solo at the wedding. thanks to kate, i do have a couple ideas in mind, but do any of you have any favorite wedding songs that aren't terribly cheesy or "new couple-y?" i'd love all of your suggestions!

i also need some good street style. blazers in the summer...i've not utilized mine enough, and i'm loving what these ladies have done.




2 comments:

  1. You're lucky I keep a love songs playlist on hand. Adele's cover of "Make You Feel My Love" is fabulous, and others I happen to love for a wedding are Ray LaMontagne's "Shelter," The Beatles' "Here, There and Everywhere," and Marc Cohn's "True Companion." You are free to peruse the contents of my ipod at any time to look for others. For the record: my absolute all-time favorite is "More" by Bobby Darin.

    I think the clear choice, however, is that you and Alex should obviously duet to "Crazy in Love." I can choreograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i would have gotten this before lori chose "you raise me up." yes, alex and i will be doing a duet to this, with harmonies written by lori aldinger. i seriously think you need to rethink coming...it might be the best thing this summer.

    and although i reaaaaaaaaaally wanted to do a beatles song, i gave into my love of "beaches" and bette midler, and am singing "the glory of love." dost thou approve, my musical friend?

    ReplyDelete