9.18.2009

the boys

i have many fantasy worlds. some of them are slightly less involved than others. like wishing that my post-work trip to bloomingdale's wasn't just to pick up tights for kate and i, but to meet my personal stylist, who was going to outfit me in millions of dollars worth of clothes without me having to try any of them on and all the while, i'm lounging (fabulously) on a chaise lounge, drinking from a bottomless flute of pink champagne.

and then there's the fantasy in which lazaro hernandez and jack mccollough call me up, tell me they've designed a special collection just for me, and, oh yeah, they'd like to propose a three-way marriage, because they're both so in love with me that all they can fathom is spending the rest of their days doting on me and dressing me in their pretties.

i'm pretty sure that champagne-laden bloomies trip will stay in my fantasy world. but, as i look through proenza schouler ss10, i can dream it was all designed for me...












all those colors! the feathers, the SHOES...the completely successful 80s throwback -- one that weaves together equal parts chic and punk to create a look with so much freaking personality, i just love it. the collection includes fabulously tailored takes on the white shirt and the blazer for business, sequins for going out (ooohhhh, how i'd love to get my hand on that blue sequin dream), brightly colored, short-skirted day wear, and, overall, an amazing breadth of unique shapes. they're so playful, and so smart...they work together magnificently.

plus, dear god, look at those cute mother fuckers...they're perfection. thanks for the mid-day eye candy, my sweets.

all photos gloriously taken from style.com
--sassafras

No comments:

Post a Comment