7.09.2010

whew!

it's been quite a long while since i've been on here! while i was in europe i had all these plans of blogging every wonderful adventure, but once i was immersed in what i was doing, it really just felt more appropriate to be experiencing it for myself. coming home was an overwhelming experience of trying to jump back into work right away, and getting together with all of my wonderful friends, and it left me little time to go through all of the incredible books and magazines i picked up along my travels, or to even be able to reflect on all that i saw.

in my two weeks of being back, i've kind of stayed away from my usual social media haunts. no twitter, no blogging, etc. i felt like i needed to cleanse myself and how i experience things, and it taught me a lot about what i value and how much i want work to be a part of my life.
but...i also remembered why i started this blog in the first place. not to be the next big fashion blogger, but to force myself to discover and reflect on something everyday that inspires me. and while i've felt cleansed, in some regards, i've also felt completely uninspired, in others.

i got an artkrush email yesterday that linked to an article about viktor and rolf's miniature exhibit at studio job gallery in antwerp which i was incredibly fortunate to have seen. it made me think about all the pictures i have and what a great outlet sassafras has been for me, creatively.

i'll stop waxing poetic about everything and post the damn pictures - except a blogging resurgence and a some retrospective blogging about europe.



























1 comment:

  1. YEAH!! So glad that you are back and have decided to share some of your amazing adventures with us! This Viktor & Rolf doll exhibit is INSANE. Posting it over on twentythirtyforty toot sweet (or I should say, tout de suite)! Can't wait to see you in person! MWAH!!

    ReplyDelete