9.11.2009

Vena Cava SS '10

Spring Fashion week is here my lovely mavens, and CFDA darlings, Sophi Busai and Lisa Mayock of Vena Cava sent down nothing but sheer wearability. Quite literally we saw sheer chiffon dresses and cover-ups that looked as if they were meant to be donned at a 1920's beach party alternating with punky, everyday dresses and separates. Always gleaning inspiration from Eygptian or Tribal culture, this Spring we see Vena Cava heading in a less literal interpretive direction with their South African Mural muse, using pattern subtley, with a mostly black and orange pallet.

Some of my personal Faves:
I'm nuts about jumpsuits! When you've got long legs (comme moi) a onesy and some heels make those gams look like they go on for days, I love the well draped harem pant bottom and the Balmain-esque shoulder on this goody!

This cute body-con take on the LBD is fantastic. Known for their necklines, Vena Cava has amped up this goody with a cute lazer cut sleeve.

Though I've never been a huge fan of showing my mid-drift, I am a huge fan of high waisted shorts, these are perfectly Hampton Chic and the entire ensemble brings Biarritz in the era of the Seeberger bro's to mind. I would rock this look head to toe, no doubt.

Finally, acid wash at its best, this A-dorable mini-dress gives enviable proportions of punk and boudoir with its exposed zipper and sweetheart neckline married to the iconic denim trend. It seems the ladies of Vena Cava have hit a groove this Spring, putting an edge on girly classics!

No comments:

Post a Comment